Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Ensure that the scheduling of medium and low priority corrective repairs in a timely manner and that any identified work that impacts the long term plan is managed effectively
- Ensure accurate maintenance schedules are developed by the planning team
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to improve equipment reliability
- Review KPI’s and identify areas of improvement to work management practices
- Provide input to Work Management audits with the aim of determining the level of compliance and improving the execution of maintenance practices onsite
- Provide leadership and mentoring for your subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensuring the right people are in the right job.
- Ensure the Maintenance Department are capturing sufficient defect and job information in the relevant systems to support the reliability function
- With the assistance of the Planner / Scheduler identify backlog tasks that can be included in major outage scopes.
- Contribute to weekly, Monthly and YTD performance KPI’s.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment including Electric trucks, and ancillary equipment.
Job Specific Competencies
- MS Office, Pronto / CMMS is an advantage
- 5-10 years mining fleet maintenance. Experience in an opencast environment is essential
- CAT / Komatsu mining equipment is required – ultra-class rigid dump truck experience being an advantage. Komatsu Ancillary equipment experience a significant advantage
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems and RCA will be a significant advantage.
- Ability to develop and implement processes and workflows aligned with operational requirements
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Good oriented person
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.