At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Perform multiple tasks that are related to training – Prepare, facilitate, monitor, evaluate and document training activities in the company. Additionally, managing all Trainees’, Kansanshi Scholarships and employees Development programes on the Mine site
- In liaison with internal key stakeholders, plan and implement plans for the Graduate Development Programme.
- Develop, document and update policies and procedures relating to the Graduate Development Programme.
- Recruitment, on-boarding and managing the internal placements for Graduates on the Development Programme and other developmental programmes on the mine site.
- Management and administration of the Undergraduate, Trident College A – Levels and Sentinel Kabitaka scholarships as per approved budget, policies and procedures.
- Actively engage external key stakeholders including policy and decision makers at institutional level (universities and colleges) to ensure efficient operations relating to scholarships.
- Providing feedback to program participants and management team on all aspects relating to sponsored students and graduate trainees.
- Managing Internship and attachment programmes on the mine site.
- Identify competency gaps through the training needs analysis for new and existing employees, development of annual Training plans and implement internal and external training programs to address competency gaps and coordinate various leadership/supervisory training on site.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology especially for Supervisory courses and soft skills.
- Establish and maintain cordial working relationships with external training Providers.
- Schedule training as required and manage Training facilities/logistics including venues and equipment.
- Provide input into the Main Training Budget development and managing the Training Administration related costs
- Reviewing and processing training vendors’ invoices and all invoices relating to the graduates and all sponsored students as per laid down procedures.
- Development of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain employee training records through the InTuition (INX Training Management System) and the respective employee files.
- Manage all Administrative functions and provide effective leadership to the On-boarding Induction facilitators and the Training Administrators.
- Must be creative and innovative to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the Training and Development department.
- Any other work related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Science, Business Administration or any relevant related field from a recognised Training Institution
- Very good Management Report writing skills, with emphasis on paying attention to detail
- Confidently conversant with Microsoft – Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher
- Any other Certification in Training administration will be an advantaged.
- Good organisational skills with a high level of Integrity
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a Training Administration environment with the Mining environment being an added advantage. Management of the Company’s Scholarships and employees’ development programmes
- Bold initiative
- Works with minimum supervision
- Thinking safely
- Upholding high levels of quality standards
- Technical Skill
- Articulate, methodical and pays attention to detail
- Overtime work when required.