Website CopperRoseZM Copper Rose Zambia
Beautiful. Valuable. Empowered
Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is the largest youth-led organization working towards the empowerment of youth and women in Zambia. Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of women and youth through education and empowerment so that they may exhibit autonomy in order to reach their full potential and be effective leaders and agents of change in their communities. We envision a world in which every woman and young person is happy, healthy and living to their full potential. Our main thematic areas of work are 1) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), 2) Menstrual Health Management (MHM), 3) Economic Empowerment and 4) Leadership and Mentorship.
CRZ will be implementing the Safe Reproductive Health Awareness Project (SAP) in health facilities in Lusaka and Copperbelt Province. The SAP project intends to increase adolescents and young people’s knowledge about their sexual reproductive health rights (SRHR) as well as build the capacity of health care providers, youth led organizations and peer educators with knowledge and skills to be used when addressing and administering sexual reproductive services.
CRZ plans to develop and utilize a digital platform to capture and aggregate the experiences of young people as they seek SRH services. The findings will be packaged to depict progress or the lack thereof towards universal implementation of Adolescence, Youth Friendly Sexual Reproductive Health services (AYSRHR).
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- To conduct research on existing feedback mechanism platforms that capture feedback from adolescents and young people on different sexual reproductive health rights services offered at health facilities in Zambia.
- Establish how the existing platforms operate and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Recommend if CRZ should;
- Create a new feedback mechanism platform – if so, how it should operate and be implemented
- If CRZ can complement existing platforms and a road map to doing so.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Advocacy and Youth Engagement Manager (AYEM) the scope of work for the consultant will include but not limited to:
- Lead and facilitate consultation and research on identifying the existing feedback mechanism platforms on SRHR in Zambia.
- Review the platforms to understand how they operate, their reach, strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities for intervention.
- Lead consultation with young people on how they would like to give feedback and get information on SRHR.
- Make recommendations if CRZ should create a new platform or complement existing platforms.
- Develop a roadmap for implementing the recommendations.
- Make presentations to stakeholder and partner organizations on the findings.
The deliverables for the consultant will include:
- To develop an inception plan for the assignment.
- Desk review of feedback platforms across the world
- Conduct consultative meetings with stakeholders
- Develop a report on the status of feedback platforms in Zambia and recommendations for CRZ including a roadmap for project implementation.
The Consultancy will be approximately 10 – 12 days, between 6th March to 30th April, 2023
EXPECTATIONS FROM CRZ
- CRZ will support consultative meetings and invite adolescents and young people to participate in the process.
- CRZ will share a consultative meeting report on adolescents and young peoples preferred feedback mechanisms that was conducted under the HAAYZ project to contribute to the development of the platform
- CRZ will further give guidance to the consultant on the progress through meetings.
- CRZ will offer a reference letter and recommendation for the consultant if need be.
Please send your proposal by 28th February, 2023 to [email protected] with the subject Feedback Mechanism Platform including:
- Company Profile or Curriculum Vitae
- A proposal highlighting a plan of the steps you would take to deliver on this assignment (maximum 5 pages). The proposal should also include a detailed budget, including consultancy fees and potential expenses.
- References of past clients for whom you have carried out similar work – including contact details.