Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is the largest youth-led and youth-focused organisation working towards the empowerment of youth and women in Zambia. The organisation exists to create a conducive environment for young people to thrive in all aspects of their lives. It envisions a world in which every young person is happy, healthy, and living to their full potential.
The organisation uses a holistic approach that includes reaching out to in-school and out-of-school youths, including young women, focusing on individual behaviour change as well as systematic change in policy and practice towards a more supportive environment for youth-led and women’s development. With the help of volunteers, the organisation works to create a network of young leaders, supporting them to progress in their careers and be champions of youth- led development. CRZ also builds the capacity of other organisations to perform more effectively with and for young people and to be more inclusive of women’s needs in their policies and work.
Background of ICASA
This year, 2023, the International Conference for AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA) will be holding its 22nd edition conference in Harare, Zimbabwe, from 4th to 9th December 2023. “AIDS IS NOT OVER: Address inequalities, accelerate inclusion and innovation” is the theme for the ICASA 2023 conference. This will be a tremendous opportunity to highlight the diverse nature of the African region’s HIV epidemic and the unique response to it.
ICASA 2023 brings together all the key stakeholders from across the African continent and beyond to share experiences and achievements of the remarkable progress made in reducing new HIV infections and increasing access to treatment. Very often new innovations in science and community led responses are introduced and highlighted within a uniquely African cultural context, and gaps in financing, health system strengthening, and programming are identified and addressed, which will further move the response towards achieving the target of ending AIDS by 2030.
CRZ under the Coalition to Accelerate and Support Prevention Research (CASPR) will be developing a strategic/roadmap document for Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) advocacy for integration at regional level (East and Southern Africa) during ICASA 2023. For this purpose, a steering committee has been created composed of health experts from CRZ, AVAC, CASPR and other stakeholders. The objective of the steering committee is to develop a strategic/roadmap document for Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) advocacy and integration at ICASA 2023.
Objectives of the Assignment
To work with CRZ and the CASPR steering committee to develop a strategic advocacy roadmap document for integration of FP and HIV at the regional level. The consultant will be expected to:
- To conduct desk review research to understand the current situation of SRH advocacy and integration in East and Southern Africa.
- Conduct key informant interviews with identified health experts present at ICASA Summit
- Collate data collected through other discussion meetings during ICASA both in-person and virtual.
- Hold an in-person session with the Advocacy Roadmap Steering Committee to get insights and guidance on the expectations of the Advocacy roadmap
- Develop the final advocacy roadmap document for CASPR and CRZ.
Scope of work:
The consultant will;
- Work closely with the steering committee to develop a strategic document for SRH advocacy.
- Offer technical support and supervision (TSS) to the committee.
- Apply a consulting lens to the strategic document for adoption and use.
- Foster collaboration with the steering committee.
- Conduct a desk view to understand the current situation of SRH advocacy and integration.
- Develop Key Informant Interviews (KIIs) questionnaire and conduct the KIIs.
- Develop the CASPR SRH Advocacy Roadmap document
- Activity report of the exercise.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Justice, and Advocacy, with any other postgraduate qualification in management, capacity development, social sciences, etc
- Must be based in Zimbabwe or able to travel to Zimbabwe at their own cost
- At least 5 years of experience in SRH advocacy and/or programming
- Experience in strategic document development
- Able to remain focused under pressure with a commitment.
- Meticulous – have a keen eye for details, looking for excellence/perfection in all technical matters
- Good writing and communication skills
Please send your proposal by 23rd November 2023 to [email protected] with the subject CASPR Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Advocacy and Integration Strategic Document Development, including:
- Company Profile or Curriculum Vitae
- A proposal highlighting a plan of the steps you would take to deliver on this assignment (maximum 5 pages). The proposal should also include a detailed budget, including consultancy fees and potential expenses.
- Daily rate in USD
- References of past clients for whom you have carried out similar work – including contact details.
Copper Rose Zambia Provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. We also strive to achieve equal employment opportunities through continuing diversity enhancement initiatives. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and with diverse experiences to apply. We are committed to evaluating applications fairly.