Website CopperRoseZM Copper Rose Zambia
Beautiful. Valuable. Empowered
Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is the largest youth-led organization working towards the empowerment of youth and women in Zambia. Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of women and youth through education and empowerment so that they may exhibit autonomy to reach their full potential and be effective leaders and agents of change in their communities. We envision a world in which every woman and young person is happy, healthy, and living to their full potential. Our main thematic areas of work are:
1) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR),
2) Menstrual Health Management (MHM),
3) Economic Empowerment
4) Leadership and Mentorship.
For more information about us, visit our website on www.copperrosezambia.org
Youth and Gender Officers (YGO), guided by FHN technical leads across all objectives, will work closely with provincial health office (PHO) colleagues to deliver FHN technical assistance (TA) in line with the project strategies contributing to medium term expenditure framework (MTEF) and RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care (CoC) annual planning, support during implementation of activities, monitoring results and recommending adjustments in plans as needed.
- Foster and establish productive working relationship with PHO staff.
- Support PHO prepare for annual planning by reviewing facility and district performance in order to prioritize interventions.
- Coordinate delivery of specialized TA from FHN technical experts at provincial and district level.
- Contribute to the development of a youth engagement strategy on RMNCAH&N and other resources as required
- Guide PHO to institutionalize strategic interventions including routine on-site mentorship, facility adolescent and youth health reviews, service quality assessments, performance assessments, provincial and district-integrated meetings.
- Coordinate closely with the PHOs and other implementing partners in the district to ensure appropriate and effective linkages between community based and facility-based interventions.
- Contribute to FHN annual work plan, annual Planning Cycle (MTEF) report, Sustainability Framework, annual progress reports, final activity report and other contract deliverables.
- Conduct site and community visits to monitor MTEF and RMNCAH&N COC program implementation and provide TA.
- Support PHOs build a robust supervision system that transforms technical supportive supervision to problem solving motivational visits.
- Use standardized project management tools and techniques to define scope, activities, and schedule work and introduce project monitoring tools to monitor scope, schedule, and cost of MOH during the year in developing MTEF and RMNCAH&N COC plans
- Identify and document program successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learnt. Support MOH to manage changes during implementation of RMNCAH&N COC grants in line with grant requirements.
- Submit routine reports for assigned districts in line with FHN reporting requirements including MTEF planning report.
- Coordinate with Provincial TA Lead for FHN direct implementation of activities in assigned districts.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate for this position should have a strong background in health with a Degree in Public Health, Nursing or any health-related field with 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Experience working on youths and adolescents related programing
- Experience in Gender related programing and policy development
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Effective teaching and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efficient management processes and systems across a province-wide, decentralized program.
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, team-building skills and representational skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Zambian health system.
- Previous experience working in Luapula, Muchinga, Southern, or Eastern Provinces
For all interested candidates, please apply with this Link
Deadline for applications is 10th March 2023 5PM Local time.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Copper Rose Zambia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. We also strive to achieve equal employment opportunities through continuing diversity enhancement initiatives. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and with diverse experiences to apply. We are committed to evaluating applications fairly.