Requisition Number: 502559
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Project Based
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi), Solwezi
Categories: Construction, Finance, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Allocating and posting transactions into respective subsidiary accounts/cost centres.
- Assist in the preparation of cost reports by compiling, aggregating and reconciling raw data.
- Stock count and stock reporting to aid in eventual recommendation for procurement.
- Encoding timesheets for personnel on site.
- Maintain historical records through concise filing of all source documentation.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as and when requested.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Pronto accounting software package.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under immense pressure to meet all stipulated deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS office packages.
- Adept reporting abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Highly responsive
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/502559/cost-accountant →