SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the job
The Finance Officer Planning, Budgeting and Control will be part of the Country Finance Officer I, this role involves Projects budget planning, quality control and reporting. Ensuring that all Country planning, quality control, budgets and reporting is well managed
- Proactively monitor all Project budgets in liaison with the Project Managers and Country Finance Manager
- Review budget implementation and ensure compliance with donor requirements and SNV corporate policies and procedures
- Monitor the Project review reports on a monthly basis to ensure efficiency and effective project implementation
- Support the team in developing and maintaining expenditure and revenue forecasts, monitor expenditure and revenue activity, prepare various budgetary reports from SAP by design and review requests for budget reallocations in line with corporate policies and procedures
- Review accounts payables and receivables and ensure that all payments and receipts have been recognised in line with corporate procedures
- Participate in the internal and external audit of the Projects and institutional audit
- Establish effective Project compliance monitoring tools
- Coordinate the reporting and monitoring process of all drawing together contents from donor contracts and relevant Project staff to ensure compliance with donor agreements and corporate procedures
- Participate in month end closure processes
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field;
- Professional accounting qualifications up to final level;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a project organisation, experience within an international organisation is an advantage;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in financial accounting of which 2 years in project accounting;
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience with SAP (SAP by Design; SAP R3 or other), though not mandatory, will be an advantage;
- Pro-active and supportive team player
Complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 11th June 2020. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject/reference.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.