Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
COUNTRY TRANSFORMATION MANAGER – (ZAMBIA)
The Country Transformation Manager will report directly to the Country Director – Zambia. The Manager will work in partnership with the Country Directors to lead the planning and design of the Transformation process for Zambia and subsequently to lead, coordinate and facilitate the execution of the plans. The role is expected to take a lead in designing the change strategy, assessing stakeholder impacts and organizational readiness, recommending and/or implementing appropriate communication, training, behavioural change solutions, measuring effectiveness to enhance organisation, group and individual performance.
- In partnership with the Country Director, determine and facilitate the processes needed to implement the Global Strategy through a well-structured transformation process at Plan International Zambia.
- Ensure buy-in and support for the transformation process across all stakeholders, staff, departments and program areas, working in close partnership with the Country Director and giving support to lead the overall change.
- Provide overall guidance to the transformation process to ensure timely implementation, optimised cost and expected quality
- Support the implementation process and ensure long-term sustainability.
- Draw on specialist skills across the organisation to drive the transformation process.
- Hold regular meetings with Plan International Zambia Country Director, Core Leadership Teams, the MEESA Regional Transformation Coordinator, the Head of the Strategy Development Department and team of the Transformation Office at Global Hub and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the multi-level change required for transformation to achieve the aspirations of MEESA and the Global Strategy
- Catalyse implementation of the new strategy across PIZ by utilising the transformation framework.
- Facilitate deep reflection by Core Leadership Teams of lessons learnt and sharing of how to do things better.
- Provide concise reporting to enable visibility of the transformation process, share learnings, a consistent and coherent message around the status, progress and significant changes.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience as a Change Manager of Plan’s transformation processes (in one or more Plan countries).
- Demonstrated understanding of gender transformative programming and influencing.
- Five years’ experience in a country based senior management position.
- Demonstrated understanding of organisational development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a large INGO or equivalent at a senior level.
- Building and managing teams, networking, coaching, negotiation skills and problem solving.
- Human Resource Management.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 11th September, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org