Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC
We invite applications from suitably qualified and innovative individuals to take up the position of Creditors Accountant to be based in Kitwe.
The successful candidate will be required to review, process and prepare payments for all goods and services supplied to the Company and reconcile supplies’ accounts on a regular basis, as well as preparing and processing VAT. This role will be reporting to the Manager – Finance.
- Process suppliers’ and contractors’ invoices on time and accurately to ensure full collections of accurate financial information for accounting reports.
- Prepare supplier and contractor remittances for all processed invoices on each supplier and raise accurate payments to suppliers and contractors on time to avoid penalties and loss of Company funds through over payment.
- Carry out monthly reconciliations of each supplier’s account to ensure accuracy of creditor’s information to prevent over payments and ensure accurate financial information.
- Prepare accurate monthly VAT returns to ensure compliance and consistence of the laws in Zambia and to avoid late submissions penalties.
- Closely monitor import VAT and ensure it is claimed on time.
- Reconcile VAT accounts to manually submitted returns to ensure accuracy and avoid over and/or under declarations. Follow up and clear all reconciling items.
- Constantly liaise with Supply and Contracts Office staff to ensure that all orders and GRNs are processed to avoid delayed payments to our service providers.
- Process, reconcile and raise payment for medical, telephone, water, rates and hotel bills.
- Ensure proper management of all invoices for references and audit purposes.
- Undertake and complete given assignments within allocated time frame to avoid unnecessary overtime.
- Ensure that all company resources under the section are used solely for company purposes and that there is no misuse of assets such as tools, materials, etc.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- Grade 12 School Certificate;
- Full ZICA (CA Zambia) / ACCA / CIMA or Degree in Accounting and Finance;
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accounts (ZICA);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in role of similar complexity;
- Ability to keep abreast of accounting best practice and new standards, concepts, tools, techniques, and technologies;
- Sound commercial acumen and thorough knowledge and hands-on experience of accounting systems, processes and financial reporting;
- In-depth knowledge of cost and management accounting including budgeting and forecasting;
- Ability to understand the sources of risk and evaluating the risks and methods of their control and mitigation; and
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, and IT skills especially MS Excel.
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 15th September 2023.
CEC is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in its staff. Suitably qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are requested to provide easily accessible contact numbers and active email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.