To execute maintenance functions according to standards and instructions to ensure maximum availability, reliability and safety of equipment, tools and employees is achieved.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- . Maintaining and inspecting availability of proper PPE for the employees.
- . Reporting to the senior supervisor.
- . Liaison between Crushing crew, workshops and the management.
- . Ensuring and maintaining good housekeeping in work places
- . Inspecting electrical equipment and tools for defects.
- . Inspecting the first aid box in the work places according to checklist
- . Conducting Planned Task Observations
- . Identifying hazards in working places.
- . Inspecting firefighting equipment condition in working places
- . Ensuring good time keeping amongst the employees
- . Ensuring safety of equipment and machine in the workplace.
- . Supervising maintenance and fabrication activities for Crushing section.
- . Conducting investigations on incidents / accidents in work places.
- . Raising work orders and work requests for defective equipment repairs.
- . Maintain good working relationship amongst crew members, with other employees within and other departments.
- . Planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance and repairs of plant items from section mentioned above.
- . Compiling time sheets for Crushing Boiler making crew.
- . Organising material for repairs and fabrications of plant items by raising picking slips to the ware house.
- . Ensuring and organising attendance to safety training courses and first aid.
- . Conducting risk assessment for non-routine jobs.
- . Ensuring scheduled tasks are performed according to the required procedure and safety.
- . Ensuring quality of work amongst the members to plant standard.
- . Estimating material required for each task requiring fabrication or repairs.
- . Identifying areas needing training concerning tasks carried out in the floats and other sections.
- . Inspecting completed and in progress works for quality, configuration and correctness.
- . Attending weekly planning meetings.
- . Standing by for over time and breakdowns
- . Setting job completion dates for tasks.
- . Provide training and development opportunitiés for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- . Other duties as directed by the Superior
- Plan and exécute planned shutdowns.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Advanced certificate in metal fabrication
- Engineering Institute of Zambia member.
- Certificate of attendance in incident and accident investigation and reporting.
- 3 years minimum in the role of supervisor.
- Promotes team work.
- Sufficient technical skill.
- Prioritises safety.
- Adjusts to changes in task requirements at short notice.
- Drives attendance.
- Be on stand by and overtime when required.
- Good verbal communication.
- Moderate standard of computer literacy
- Able to work with minimum supervision