Website Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture
Position Summary: The Bookkeeper/Office Manager assists the country director with all administrative and accounting aspects of program implementation.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee basic bank transfers, office accounting, and procurement procedures;
- Prepare monthly expense reports to be sent to home office;
- Manage volunteer and staff travel expenses;
- Ensure compliance of project expenditures, including personnel costs, administrative expenses, and operating costs with USAID regulations and Malawian law;
- Maintain necessary documentation and reporting in accordance with USAID and CNFA guidelines;
- Coordinate travel logistics for CNFA staff, F2F volunteers, and other visitors.
- Ensure office is kept clean and in an orderly condition, manage the flow of visitors to office locations, and maintain stock of office supplies and equipment;
- Other administrative duties as required by the country director
Minimum qualifications include:
- Diploma in a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years accounting or finance experience with USAID funded or donor funded projects required
- Computer literate (knowledge of Ms office-word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- Applied experience with a computerized accounting system.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Must be a Zambian citizen, preferably living in Chipata.
- Experience working with foreign currency transactions.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong administrative and communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Fluency in English required, and Chichewa or Nyanja is desired
- Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative and follow through on outstanding issues.
- Pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Multitasker, with strong organisational skills including being able to assist with logistics and other project related admin tasks