Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Commercial & Agriculture Banking Department to be based in Lusaka and Kitwe:-
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (X3)
The key function of this role entails working with the Relationship Managers to deepen the wallet share of existing Customer Relationships as well as developing new relationships with a view of driving revenue and market share growth. This will be achieved by ensuring that customers have full access to the full Zanaco Product Suite in addition to delivering world class customer service while maintaining a robust control environment.
Under the supervision of the Head Commercial Agriculture, Head Emerging Agriculture and Head Commercial Banking respectively, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- Support Relationship Managers in maintaining, growing and sustaining quality relationships with existing and new customers.
- Support Relationship Managers with customer research, sales research to ensure that the Bank is abreast with customers’ changing needs.
- Be the point of contact for customer service issues including timely query resolution to support relationship management.
- Deliver world class customer experience through timely execution of customer requests as well as robust management of all queries and complaints.
- Strive to continuously improve the levels of service, through identification of key areas of concern as well as monitoring customer service and satisfaction.
- Proactively engage clients within the portfolio to discuss service issues that they may be facing and draw up plans to resolve.
- Undertake scheduled customer service visits and phone calls for clients on the portfolio.
- Provide information to commercial and agriculture customers on new products and services being introduced by the Bank.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and conduct needs analysis to identify customer service needs effectively and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for customer service quality and efficiency through day to day service operations of the unit.
- Produce quality complaints Management Information as per set schedule and drive service excellence.
- Provide support to the Credit Analyst in preparation of the credit paper.
- Provide support to the Relationship Manager in connection with execution and perfection of security documentation.
- Collaborate with specialists in Transactional Banking, Trade Finance and Treasury to enhance customer experience and increase uptake and usage of the Bank’s products.
- Conduct root cause analysis, identify systems, processes and service gaps which create barriers to serving customers.
- Conduct branch assessments in key Agriculture and Commercial branches.
- Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings, these should be updated on shared folder/customer files.
- Collate customer information on service performance for Relationship Managers.
- Identify new customer leads and escalate to Relationship Managers.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service.
- Ensure application of amendments to account details on borrowing limits, interest rates and commission charges after engagements with Relationship Managers.
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of Commercial and Agriculture relationships, including support to account opening, KYC details or other documentary requirements.
- Devise and ensure an effective query tracking grid, ensuring that all queries are captured on the log sheet.
- Monitor and track achievements against target for key metrics, new clients on boarded and customer service delivery metrics.
- Monitor performance of all service delivery channels identifying operational risks and recommend solutions to resolve failures identified.
- External: Clients/Customers.
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Sales or Marketing or Equivalent.
- At least three (3) years Banking experience.
- Proven ability to instigate changes in customer operating habits influencing the way they work to achieve mutual benefit.
- Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Proven questioning and analytical skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills for complex queries.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills and capabilities.
- Proficient in IT.
- Communication skills.
- Sales & negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Presentation skills.
- Database management skills.
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 23rd January, 2018.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of qualifications along with the application/ cover letter and curriculum vitae.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and
prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org