Website CV People Africa
Talent Acquisition Specialists
BUFFER ZONE COMMUNITY MANAGER
Agroforestry, Mukushi, Central, Zambia
Our client, a player in the agroforestry industry is looking to employ a Buffer Zone Community Manager. The Buffer Zone Community Manager will design, develop, implement, and maintain financially sustainable community livelihood programs in the Buffer Zone, to ensure the development of the residents both socially and financially and to develop their support and understanding of the importance of the protection and conservation of the buffer zone.
Reporting To: Project Manager
Supervision Of: General staff in the buffer zone
Interacts With: Core Zone Conservation Manager and the Administration Manager, Chiefs, District authorities
- Ensure the protection and development of the Core Zone through the financially sustainable development of the community by way of community engagement and the creation of alternative forms of environmentally sustainable income generation.
- Build and maintain positive relationships, liaison and collaboration with chiefs and district authorities locally and with relevant Ministries, civil society and partners locally and nationally.
- Utilize existing community structures established under Zambian legislation, namely Village Action Groups (VAGs) and Community Resource Boards (CRBs), recognising that VAGs are the most localised community institutions and the building blocks to functional CRBs.
- Contribute to the development of annual and 5-year work plans, budgets, reporting and monitoring systems for the Buffer Zone.
Implement and manage the Annual and 5-year Work Plans for the Buffer Zone as directed by the PM.
- Contribute to the development of annual and 5 year work plans, budgets, reporting and monitoring systems for the Buffer Zone.
- Develop an apprenticeship program to give opportunities to Zambians under and postgraduates to gain work experience in the field.
Experience: 2 years
Education Level: Degree
Qualifications: BA or BSc in Social Work, BA or BSc in Development Studies or a related degree
Software: Job Related
Equipment: Job Related
Knowledge Of: Community Development, Community engagement, Sustainable community livelihood programmes
Skills To: Develop, implement and work plans, Budget, Monitor systems
Ability To: Train, Build sustainable relationships, Coordinate and manage staff
Personality: Out going, passionate, driven
Other: Must have a valid driving license
Gender Profile: Mixed
Age Profile: Between 30 and 50 years of age
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Location: Mukushi, Zambia
Nationals Only: Yes
Remuneration: Between $3,000 and $4,000 USD
Fringe Benefits: Medical Cover and Housing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com