Website CV People Africa
Talent Acquisition Specialists
CORE ZONE CONSERVATION MANAGER
Agroforestry, Mukushi, Central, Zambia
Our client, a player in the agroforestry industry seeks to employ a Core Zone Conservation Manager. The role of the Core Zone Conservation Manager will be to design, develop, implement, and maintain a financially sustainable conservation plan to ensure the protection and conservation of the organisations Forest Reserves (Core Zone) and to ensure the growth of Bio Diversity and the Environment within and around the Core Zone, working closely with the Buffer Zone Community Manager to ensure community development and support.
Reporting To: Project Manager
Supervision Of: General staff in Core Zone
Interacts With: Buffer Zone Community Manager and the Administration Manager.
- Build and maintain positive relationships, liaison and collaboration with chiefs and district authorities locally and with relevant Ministries, civil society and partners locally and nationally.
- Contribute to the development of annual and 5 year work plans, budgets, reporting and monitoring systems for the Core Zone.
- Implement and manage the Annual and 5 year Work Plans for the Core Zone as directed by the GM.
- Facilitate conservation enterprise and partnerships, especially within the forestry and tourism sector, for the development of revenue streams.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor all staff member working in the Core Zone.
- Management and supervision of all construction of infrastructure in the Core Zone.
- Management and coordination of machinery operations in the Core Zone.
- Ensure responsible use and care of any project assets and equipment.
Experience: 2 years
Education Level: Degree
Qualifications: Degree in Natural resource science, biology/bioscience,sustainable development or any other relevant field
Software: Job Related
Equipment: Job Related
Knowledge Of: Development and improvement of Bio Diversity, The Forestry Act of 2015.
Skills To: Facilitate conservation enterprise and partnerships,Build and maintain positive relationships,
Ability To: Adhere to annual budgets, Develop a system of collection and analysis of information, monitor and evaluate the impact and outcomes of the projects activities. Manage, Train staff, supervise and coordinate activities in the core zone.
Personality: Out going, driven, passionate
Other: Must have a valid driving license
Gender Profile: Mixed
Age Profile: Between 30 and 50 years of age
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Location: Mukushi, Zambia
Nationals Only: Yes
Remuneration: At least $3,000 USD
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org