Website DAI Global LLC
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Government Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial managementand domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
The IT Manager is responsible for oversight of IT needs including system installations, server and equipment maintenance, IT equipment inventory management assistance, support and technical advice to staff, and any other IT related tasks, in the Lusaka and provincial offices; and ensures that DAIGLOBAL established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are efficient and cost effective.
- Works with technical teams on planning and seamlessly implementing virtual meetings between implementing partners and beneficiaries
- Works with Finance team in installation and troubleshooting of the Field Administrative System (Dynacom)
- Installs and maintains the Local Area Network (switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP) for all project offices
- Maintains WAN connectivity including but not limited to all offices’ internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance such as printers and access points
- Maintains and installs server and server application including Hardware integration, Windows Server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, FTP services
- Deploys of client workstations, applications installation, configuration and maintenance in Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 and IBM Notes
- Maintains information security on all project IT equipment
- Carries out physical and remote user support of approximately 35 staff located in Lusaka and provincial offices, analyzing, documenting and troubleshooting various problems
- Communicates regularly with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination
- Aids and advises in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment including but not limited to phones, copiers, switches etc.
- Plans and analyzes the necessary requirements of the system and communicating them with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of such special features on the system
- Assists office inventory personnel in maintaining a proper inventory of the IT equipment within the project
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Finance and Operations Director
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years’ experience working in an IT administration
- Experience working with Microsoft-based applications.
- Experience working for donor-funded projects preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries