Website DAI Global LLC
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist will lead the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities and data quality assurance under supervision of the CLA Director and manages the MEL & Administrative Officers in provincial offices.
- Manages MEL & Administrative Officers in project provincial offices
- Undertakes periodic reviews of the PMP and performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS) to ensure that the MEL procedures are responsive to the changing project
- Proposes improved processes for capturing lessons learned and best practices
- Ensures accurate and systematic data collection and analysis of program indicators
- Conducts regular data quality assessments to ensure that data being generated and reported is timely, accurate, reliable and of high integrity
- Develops and administers surveys to assess the impact of training
- Contributes to the development of policies; implementation practices and processes for knowledge management, organizational learning, and related activities
- Maintains and develops MEL database
- Attends project events and activities to record attendance and report, coordinating as necessary with the operations team, to ensure MEL data is properly recorded
- Provides MEL technical support and training, as needed, to the project partners and technical staff to improve the data collection and reporting processes
- Supports the CLA Director to deliver progress reports
- Prepares data analytics for donor-requested reports
- Produces activity updates, data summaries and performance reports for USAID reporting deliverables and other reports as requested
- Proactively contributes to the identification and development of success stories
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the CLA Director.
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- University degree in relevant field required
- 9+ years of relevant experience with USAID data reporting is required
- At least one year of experience in survey development is preferred
- Proficiency in database management and data analysis
- Strong writing abilities
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Fluency in English is required
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries