Lactalis Zambia Limited is the leader in dairy industry and supplier of quality dairy products in Zambia. Lactalissubscribes to world class quality standards in manufacturing and distribution of its products. An opportunity exists for a talented individual who wishes to develop a career in this exciting industry as Debtor’s Clerk reporting to Credit Controller.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND OUTPUT
- Ensuring 100% debtor payments are processed upon being deposited and allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Ensuring GL reconciliations are done on a timely basis so that un-reconciled transactions after month end do not remain on the reconciliation beyond two months.
- Ensuring sub ledger reconciliations are done on time in order to avoid customers delaying to make payments.
- Reconciling the debtor’s suspense account on a monthly basis and making sure that outstanding items are followed up and cleared from the ACR 034 report.
- Ensuring that accounts for agents are closely monitored and reconciled in order to maintain balances within agreed credit limits.
- Ensuring that customers’ accounts are reconciled on time and followed up for payments when due as per agreed terms.
- Recording and preparation of bank deposits (Cheques) on a daily basis.
- Processing of debtor journals and reconciling the rental accounts and preparation of the sundry debtor’s journal in readiness for upload in the system.
- Releasing of orders after checking and verifying if the customer is within the credit limit or after confirmation with the Credit Controller / Finance Manager
- Payment follow- ups, generating of reminder letters and sending of monthly statements.
- Carrying out credit checks before opening of a customer account and uploading of account opening forms after approval from the Finance Manager
- Controlling and monitoring of staff debtors account and processing of payments
- Monitoring and reconciling of the Kiosk accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 years accounts receivables experience
- Working knowledge of accounting systems
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Good communication skills
- Working collaboratively to achieve ambitious goals by creating trust within and amongst work groups
Applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager not later than Friday 1st January 2021.
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted