Website RHODES PARK SCHOOL
Applications are URGENTLY invited from suitable candidates for the position of DEPUTY HEADTEACHER – SECONDARY
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents Since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Deputy Head Teacher – Secondary section.
The Deputy Head-Teacher Secondary’s primary role is to carry out tasks essential to the smooth running and operations of the Secondary Section of the School. The main function of the role is to provide management and leadership by working closely with the Head Teacher, Board of Directors and staff to improve Quality, provide Leadership, Coordination and Strategic support, Planning, Monitory, Learning and Partnership to the school to achieve its objectives and goals.
- Degree in Education
- Qualified teacher registered with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in Education Leadership and Management will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ Secondary school teaching experience
- Must be familiar with the Secondary School Pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ) and Cambridge
Assessment International Education (CAIE)
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity and Professionalism
Duties Include but are not limited to;
In liaison with the Head Teacher;
- Develop and promote a robust and evaluative programme of self-evaluation
- Develop and promote rigorous sustainable school development plans
- Promote and lead in the development and implementation of school policies
- Identify needs and lead initiatives from the school development plan across the Secondary Section
- Take a lead role in curriculum development across the Secondary Section and be responsible for its quality and effectiveness
- Work alongside SLT to develop, monitor and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of the phase leaders, subject leaders and supporting staff in Secondary Section
- Advice management on matters of the law in education and on modern trends in Education
APPLICATIONS together with VACANCY DETAILS should be forwarded to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at e-mail: [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing Date: Friday, 22 June 2018