CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia is in the process of recruiting staff for the SUN II programme to support the implementation of the First 1000 Most Critical Days Programme in selected districts. The staff will be critical in the management as well as the operational and financial oversight of the proposed programme in the following positions:-
Kindly note that these positions are dependent on successful signing of the Partnership Agreement with the donor.
Development Coordinators – Monitoring and Evaluation (2) – Choma & Chinsali
The job holder will oversee implementation of field level M&E processes in the districts and ensure timely data collection, analysis and reporting at provincial and district levels. The M&E Coordinator will also ensure adequate documentation of programme processes, impact and learnings. He/she will be responsible for successfully delivering all aspects of assigned program in relation to consolidation of learning and accountability. He/she will implement assigned program activities in accordance with CARE Zambia’s strategic and operational plans, as well as professional project methods and standards. The M&E Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation and reporting in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and reporting, including provision of support to program surveys and assessments. He/she will coordinate the implementation of M&E plans and feeds into the program’s database/project information systems.
Specific Deliverables, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Oversee integrated planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health, nutrition, agriculture and WASH field activities in direct liaison with Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Community Development and Local Government and Housing at both Provincial and District levels.
- Strengthen the M&E capacity of District project staff and field staff from the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Local Government and Housing and Community Development in planning and delivery of health, agriculture, food and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) extension services to targeted communities and households.
- Support the implementation of multi-sectoral joint monitoring activities at province and district levels
- Facilitate monitoring for action systems that ensure data utilization at management level of PNCC, DNCC and WNCCs.
- Conducts audit of data quality for results reported by implementing partners and prepares draft quarterly and narrative reports for review by Program Manager.
- Provide support and oversight to community based data collection and data systems strengthening
- Oversee implementation of field level M&E processes and ensure timely data collection, analysis and reporting at provincial and district levels.
- Facilitate project review meetings with field staff and partners at provincial and district levels
- Represent the Program at district fora such as Provincial Nutrition Coordinating Committee, District Development Coordinating Committee (DDCC), District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC) and any other relevant district meetings
- Perform any other duties which are consistent with the nature of the job and its responsibilities as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Statistics, Demography, Development Studies, Sociology, Public Health/Nutrition or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of NGO or Government project/programmes
- Excellent skills in methodologies for collecting, processing and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis tools (SPSS or other equivalent software) and management systems databases (Excel, Access or other equivalent software).
- Strong analytical, coordination, facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, documentation, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate with a variety of partners and stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate with impact
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Innovative and able to initiate action
- Very creative and good operational decision maker.
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to:
Closing Date: 30th September, 2020.
CARE International in Zambia is committed to Promoting and maintaining an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com