Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services, Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, Gender and Youth, Security Transparency and Governance, and Energy and Environment.
DevTech is seeking an Agriculture Specialist for the USAID/Zambia’s Business Enabling Project. The purpose of this project is to catalyze greater gender equality and inclusive private sector investment and trade in rural areas by strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable and gender balanced rural enterprises. The project will also support the creation of an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management.
The Agriculture Specialist, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP) while closely working with technical experts, will manage the implementation of the work plan activities related to the agriculture sector. S/he will provide coordination, technical and management support the activities within the project. The following responsibilities are included but not exhaustive :
- Collaborating closely with the COP to steer the technical direction and manage technical assistance activities and liaise directly with government and other counterparts.
- Establish and ensure compliance with USAID policy and procedures.
- Oversee and manage all agriculture-related technical assistance components of the activity.
- Support technical assistance to empower women in the agriculture sector with technology, access to finance and skills for gender equity and social inclusion.
- Advanced degree in Business, Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, or other relevant areas.
- 8 years of relevant working experience on a combination of operational and consulting work in Agriculture.
- Ability in analyzing market data and high capacity to change and understand the local context to propose tailored-made and realistic solutions/recommendations.
- Ability to respond to clients’ requests in a fast and accommodating approach, to work under pressure, and provide high quality and timely deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Zambia
- Experience with Agriculture projects in Zambia.
- Private sector agriculture sector experience is an advantage
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.