Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services, Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, Gender and Youth, Security Transparency and Governance, and Energy and Environment.
DevTech is seeking a Gender & Youth Specialist for the USAID/Zambia Business Enabling Project (BEP). The purpose of this project is to catalyze greater gender equality and inclusive private sector investment and trade in rural areas by strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable and gender balanced rural enterprises. The project will also support the creation of an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management.
The Gender & Youth Specialist, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP), will work with the project teams in Agriculture, Energy, Trade and Natural Resources to ensure that the needs of gender and youth stakeholder communities are well-represented in the project. S/he will also participate as a core team member on development and review of project work plans, dissemination, and project reporting. The following responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- Conducting initial gender and youth assessments and ensure assessment findings are reflected during implementation.
- Providing professional, technical, and advisory services to staff and program to promote women empowerment, gender equality and youth inclusion.
- Leading the design and implementation of interventions to ensure active participation of women and youth in BEP activities.
- Ensuring measurement, recording, and interpretation of specific gender and youth indicators and preparing summary notes, assessment reports addressing gender and youth inclusion issues.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing gender and youth mainstreaming and empowerments in all the program activities.
- Leading the design and implementation of the assessments and studies that aim to identify the contextual and socio – cultural aspects influencing gender equality and youth inclusion in project activities.
- Advanced degree in Sociology or other relevant areas.
- 5 years of experience leading the gender and youth component of donor development projects.
- 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of youth and gender – sensitive community level USAID funded program.
- Extensive experience working with USAID projects preferably with a focus on business enabling projects.
- Knowledge of issues that block effective youth and gender access to and participation in business opportunities.
- Proven experience in participatory data collection and monitoring & evaluation with a focus on youth and gender.
- Experience in building the capacity of stakeholders and project staff to facilitate women and youth integration and empowerment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Zambia
- Demonstrated deep understanding of gender and youth norms and context in Zambia.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.