Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Tax Policy Expert to support USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG). The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
1. Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
2. Tax Policy Strengthened
3. Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced
4. Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The Public Financial Management (PFM) Economist will support ReMEG COP in conducting studies as assigned, develop study proposals, and develop scopes of work for consultants in all areas of related to PFM (instance on tax policy, government spending, and expansion of domestic resource mobilization). He/She will conduct, design, or lead analysis and research of specific issues, such as fiscal decentralization, domestic resource mobilization, gender budgeting, infrastructure investment and other areas, in order to identify types of interventions, local partners, and approaches. Additionally, the PFM Economist will identify potential areas to improve tax administration, especially budget execution function and delivery of services at the national level, as well as national level oversight of provincial and district levels. He/She will coordinate a targeted training program, calling on experts and directly providing input for trainings to improve PFM, specifically cost-benefit analysis. Lastly, the PFM Economist will present work and materials in trainings or workshops.
- Must have a minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent (or a lesser degree with additional two years of professional experience) in economics, business, public administration, economic development, social studies, sociology, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in in the area of public financial management reform and modernization, understanding of PFM from macro-fiscal to tax administration to budget systems is preferred, but in-depth expertise from long-term employment, such as in tax administration or the budget department is also acceptable.
- Must have experience in capacity building and training.
- Must have experience as a public speaker or trainer.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience working in Zambia or in Eastern or Southern Africa.
- Experience implementing data analytics.
- Producing tax expenditure analysis.
- Tax administration experience.
- Experience in leading teams and capacity building.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-devtechsys.icims.com.