Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Public-Private Dialogue Specialist to support USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG). The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
1. Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
2. Tax Policy Strengthened
3. Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced
4. Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The Public-Private Dialogue Specialist will work closely with ReMEG’s Chief Of Party (COP) and tax policy and tax administration experts to conduct relevant political economy analysis, fiscal transparency and civil society organization (CSO) engagement with a goal of strengthening the social contract in Zambia. The specialist will work to strengthen CSOs and independent media’s skills to analyze, engage and report on important fiscal issues. The Specialist will also support ReMEG’s COP with project outreach and communications efforts.
- BA or MA degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working with media outlets, CSO engagement, etc.
- Good understanding of political situation and issues in Zambia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English’
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience working with USAID projects.
- Understanding of and experience with public finance, tax and/or EITI issues in Zambia.
- Experience conducting political economy analysis.
- Experience developing media and outreach strategies.
- Experience working with photography and videography equipment and relevant processing software.
- Capacity building experience.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-devtechsys.icims.com.