Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Tax Administration Expert to support USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG). The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
1. Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
2. Tax Policy Strengthened
3. Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced
4. Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The Tax Administration Expert will support ReMEG COP in exercising leadership on tax administration reforms and capacity building across such core functional areas as taxpayer services, taxpayer registration, filing and payment, data processing, tax appeals, tax compliance, arrears management, tax intelligence, cleaning taxpayer ledger, IT modernization and digitization, tax audit, etc.
- An advanced degree (i.e. MA, PhD) in Economics, Public Administration, IT or other relevant field and 10 years of highly relevant experience; or a BA degree and 20 years of highly relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with USAID projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English’
- Demonstrated experience of successfully implementing good international practices and tax reforms in developing countries, especially in terms of striking a balance between generating additional revenues and improving business environment.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience working in Zambia or in Eastern or Southern Africa.
- Familiarity with TADAT methodology.
- Experience working with Semi-Autonomous Revenue Authorities (SARAs).
- Experience working for advanced Revenue Authorities internationally.
- Experience implementing taxpayer perception and tax cost of compliance surveys.
- Experience implementing data analytics in the area of tax administration.
- Experience conducting taxpayer audits, including transfer pricing and mining sector audits.
- Experience as a team leader.
- Experience reforming Customs Administrations
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-devtechsys.icims.com.