Website DevTech Systems Inc.,
International Consulting Firm
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Tax Policy Expert to support USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG). The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
1. Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
2. Tax Policy Strengthened
3. Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced
4. Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The Tax Policy Expert will support ReMEG COP in exercising leadership on tax policy reforms to increase revenues and improve business environment in the country. The Tax Policy Expert will support tax policy reforms across a range of tax types and is expected to help strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Finance to formulate tax policy along the lines of international good practices, support SCO consultations, conduct tax surveys and increase transparency of the tax system in general.
- An advanced degree (i.e. MA, PhD) in Economics, Public Administration, IT or other relevant field and 10 years of highly relevant experience; or a BA degree and 20 years of highly relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with USAID projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English’
- Demonstrated experience of successfully implementing good international practices and tax reforms in developing countries, including in the area of VAT and VAT refunds, income and excise taxation, revenue forecasting, CSO consultations, conducting taxpayer surveys, etc.
- Capacity building and leadership skills.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience working in Zambia or in Eastern or Southern Africa.
- Experience implementing taxpayer perception and cost of tax compliance surveys.
- Experience implementing data analytics.
- Producing tax expenditure analysis.
- Tax administration experience.
- Experience in leading teams and capacity building.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.