The Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) is a self-regulated membership body, established under the Accountants Act of 1982 and as amended in the Accountants Act of 2008 has the primary mandate of regulating and promoting the accountancy profession in Zambia. The Vision of ZICA is “A reputable leader in developing finance and business professionals”.
Its Mission is “ZICA will protect public interest through the regulation of the accountancy profession to the satisfaction of stakeholders”
The Core Values of the Institute are:
“Integrity, Professionalism, Customer Centric, Accountability, Excellence, Innovation”
The Institute would like to recruit an outstanding, results-oriented and self-motivated; versatile and professional individual of high personal integrity with appropriate academic and professional qualifications and experience.
POSITION: DIRECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PURPSOSE OF THE JOB
The main purpose of the Director of Education and Training is to be responsible for development, and operation of the professional programmes. The Director will be required to contribute towards policy formulation, strategic planning and providing leadership to facilitate the achievement of ZICA’s strategic goals aimed at providing a high quality education system which reflects the requirements of the Accountants Act.
The Director is also expected to provide leadership to his subordinates in the Directorate.
The Director Education and Training is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Director is required to participate in the development of the strategic plan for the Directorate which will reflect the activities that need to be carried out during the period under review in order to achieve the set goals.
Preparation of a comprehensive budget for the Directorate so as to ensure that all the departments are adequately funded for them to carry out their activities effectively will be the responsibility of the Director Education and Training.
Comprehensive Directorate report of activities undertaken for the period under review in order to provide an accurate record of the activities carried out will be required to be prepared by the Director.
Providing leadership in establishing and maintaining quality assurance systems for:
- The development and ongoing review of ZICA’s syllabi and training materials in order to ensure that the syllabi and training materials remain relevant;
- Assessing applicants for professional programmes in accordance with the requirements of the Accountants Act;
- Management of examinations in order to ensure conformity with International Standards;
- Awarding certificates to students who complete the education and training requirements of the programmes;
- Assessing applicants for accreditation as Tuition Providers, Examiners and Examination Centers.
- Soliciting practical training partners for professional graduates and monitoring progress of practical training for the trainees;
- Leading engagements with partner organisations for education and training activities through a systematic stakeholder engagement program and creating such partnerships as well; and
- Assessing value for money of marketing programs for education and training activities.
Providing Secretarial Services to the Committees of Council so as to contribute to the smooth running of the Institute.
Working with partner organizations in the provision and monitoring of education and training activities across the accountancy profession in Zambia and abroad.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Education, Accountancy, Finance or equivalent with a relevant Master’s degree qualification or fully qualified Accountant with a relevant Master’s degree qualification;
- Knowledge of education materials development and management of examinations;
- At least 7 Years post qualifying relevant work experience;
- Having worked in an academic setting or a professional accountancy training setting will be an added advantage;
- Evidence of successfully driving and managing change;
- Evidence of leading teams;
- Computer literacy, advanced financial modelling skills will be an added advantage;
- Training skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Integrity, Reliable, Honest, Hardworking; and
- Flexible in handling all education matters.
Application letters enclosing Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional certificates with three traceable references (with valid day time contact telephone numbers) should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants,
Thabo Mbeki Road, PO Box 32005,
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 18th September, 2020 by 17:00 hours.