About the organisation
Zambian Financial Sector Deepening Limited (FSD Zambia) is a Zambian organization working closely with key players throughout the economy to ensure that all Zambians are financially healthy, notably the most excluded and underserved. We help rural families, women, youth, low-income people, and other households in Zambia to understand and access a wide range of sustainable, comparable and affordable financial services.
This enables households and communities to use their financial resources to ensure inclusive growth, essential services, and a sustainable future. To expand financial inclusion, we collaborate with public and private sector institutions to make markets work better. FSD Zambia enhances trust between clients and suppliers of financial services by helping to bring people together, cultivating understanding, stimulate innovation, and lower costs. In this way, all women, men, girls and boys can learn about, choose and use a wide range of financial services that have the most positive impact on their lives. FSD Zambia enjoys the active support of financing partners UK Aid, SIDA,
Rural Finance Expansion Programme (RUFEP) and Comic Relief/Jersey Overseas Aid.
More information is available on our website, www.fsdzambia.org
About the Job
The objective of this role is to provide technical and managerial leadership for the strategy, implementation and programming to promote greater financial inclusion and capabilities for women, youth, people with disabilities, and their households in Zambia.
He/she will also provide support to the team on issues of financial education. The Director will be responsible for providing technical advice on the position’s thematic areas to the CEO and participate in the identification, proposal writing and securing fundraising opportunities for expansion in the Women In Finance (WIN) areas.
The position reports directly to FSD Zambia’s CEO.
The candidate must be:
- Have a clear understanding of the gender, youth and financial education landscape in Zambia and be conversant with potential innovations
- Be able to actively participate in all the monitoring and result management activities in the WIN coverage technical areas
- Provide leadership to facilitate market access improvement and linkage processes with a wide range of market actors
- Provide strategic leadership of gender equity, youth inclusive financial service and manage support in all WIN activities
- Provide technical input in the design and implementation of all research initiatives for women, youth, and persons with disabilities in Zambia.
- Initiate and coordinate innovative facilities aimed at narrowing the gaps in financial services for underserved women, youth, and persons with disabilities.
- Have proven experience in facilitation and motivation of responsive markets for women, youth and persons with disability.
- Have Demonstrated ability to conceptualise and drive design, successful implementation and monitoring of programmes that focus on women, youth and persons with disability.
- Have demonstrated ability to facilitate creativity for inclusive service and products delivery for women, youth and persons with disability.
- Have demonstrated ability to package insights for purpose of programme adaptation and improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must be:
- Master’s degree in Gender and Development, Business Administration, Economics, International Development and Development Economics or Related Qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in facilitating the development of financial service markets;
- Demonstrated project management and donor engagement experience at senior management level.
- Strong management capabilities with excellent track record of providing organisational and leadership support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programmes and projects;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills with staff, stakeholders and partners with motivation for high quality service delivery.
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, ethnicity, race, religion or gender.
We strongly encourage people with disabilities who have the relevant skills and experience to apply.
For the detailed job description, visit our website at www.fsdzambia.org or send an email request to [email protected] Candidates are invited to submit a one-page cover letter indicating current and expected remuneration, together with maximum three-page CV to [email protected] by close of business Monday 31 August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.