Provincial Health Office, Western Province
REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
Provincial Health Office, Western Province in conjunction with U.S Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB, STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on a One-year renewable contract basis subject to performance:
JOB TITLE: District Clinical Mentor
LOCATION: Western Province
JOB PURPOSE: To improve TB/HIV clinical care cascade focusing on meeting targets for epidemic control and improving quality of services provided in all sites of the district. The mentor will work with Clinical Care teams at district level to achieve excellence in ART sites.
Reports to: District Health Director
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILTY (MAIN DUTIES)
- Supports TB and ART providers in the provision of targeted and data-driven technical support and clinical mentorship.
- Participates in Tele ECHO program to ensure improved provision of TB/HIV services in the district and build competency among providers.
- Participates in identification of training gaps in TB/HIV at both community and health facility levels in the district.
- Performs timely and regular analysis of site level performance of every site in assigned district with special attention to highest impact sites with support from Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- Undertakes effective implementation and review of ART and TB guidelines/standards to ensure adherence to national guidelines in the provision of quality TB and ART services.
- Undertakes timely formulation, implementation of individual action plans to ensure attainment of set program objectives and targets.
- Undertakes routine program data analysis, and performance reviews to ensure improved program implementation and performance.
- Supervises documentation of laboratory results in medical records for TB and ART clients.
- Support timely identification of virally unsuppressed clients for referral to Enhanced Adherence Counselling
- Regularly monitors and evaluates TB and ART activities in the delivery of health services in the district in order to implement appropriate interventions.
- Undertakes Quality Improvement/QA projects in collaboration with TULEPs and facility staff in order to identify best practices and generate information for decision making.
- Collaborates with other technical staff at both district and facility levels to establish workable client centered models of care for stable clients.
- Facilitates fast tracking of stable clients and 6 months dispensation of ARVs to clients stable on ART while ensuring that the supply chain of commodities is not interrupted.
- Compiles weekly, monthly, quarterly as well as annual ad-hoc reports as required timely.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 Full Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Clinical Medicine with Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid practicing license.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in TB/HIV service provision at health facility will be an added advantage;
- Training in HIV management for both adults and pediatrics and/or Management of Opportunistic Infections
- Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV activities will be an added advantage;
- Age between 21 and 55 years.
- Clear understanding of the reporting hierarchy at district and facility levels
- Basic training in project management
- Ability to write and communicate fluently in English and local languages
- Other skills/Attributes: Computer literate, Managerial skills, Good Interpersonal relations, initiative
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00 hrs Friday 22nd September 2023.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
P.O. Box 910022
Email: [email protected]