Dr Agarwal's Eye Hospital
Job Title: Optician
No of Positions: 1
Job location: Kitwe
The Optician is responsible for helping customers achieve the right type of eyeglasses, lenses shape or contact lenses in accordance with their eyesight or eye conditions. Their duties include communicating with other eye care professionals to receive prescriptions and send them to Laboratory Technicians, providing customers with sample frames to fit their prescriptions and maintaining accurate customer data regarding their current or updated prescriptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use prescription information from the doctor and the patient’s preferences, face shape and other factors to help select the appropriate pair of eyeglasses, frames and lenses.
- Give product recommendations to patients based on their vision needs and lifestyle, such as frame construction, lens material and lens coatings.
- Take accurate measurements of each patient’s face and optical details to ensure a comfortable and proper fit before ordering frames.
- Maintain a clean and visually appealing daily optical display by organizing the stock of eyeglasses, sunglasses and accessories.
- Receive orders and accurately interpret customer requirements.
- Select lenses in accordance with company processes ensuring that the correct material, bevel and sizing standards are achieved.
- Advise of any non-conformities and errors.
- Excellent attention to detail
Requirements and Qualifications
- Certified or licensed as an optician
- Focus on a fine attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in a retail optical department or a similar environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft programs
- Experience of working in a fast faced, quality focused environment
Candidates meeting the above criteria must send their application letter, traceable references, academic certificates, cv and other supporting documents as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF to: [email protected]
The subject should have the position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 21 st November, 2022.