At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
The holder of this position will be required to efficiently and effectively deliver complete and appropriate layout of drawings on Sentinel Mine Site and all associated areas and oversee all task schedules on drawings of all relevant equipment, facilities and structures and also ensuring that technical administration in the areas of responsibility is up to date and accurate and also supports the department.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Execute / Perform all types of technical drawings and schematic drawings covering Sentinel Mine Site and all associated areas as may be required:
- Creating structural, mechanical and piping drawings(SMP), Electrical and PID schematics, Civil drawings and basic knowledge of Architectural design and drawings. Adequate vendor, safety and quality standards are adhered to and followed in regards to design with minimum disruption to the mining operations or production.
- Performing layout drawings for all Projects disciplines and sections.
- An understanding of the drawings of the various areas and sections in and around the Process Plant.
- Creating and modifying symbols and layout blocks using AutoCAD.
- Keeping record of all changes and red-line required drawings in areas of responsibility and provide feedback to direct line supervisor.
- Creating drawing component layouts in 3D.
- Creating/generating reports from the schematics, i.e. drawing index.
- Working in and modifying project BOM’s to aid Engineers in procurement process.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Sustain expert level capability in using any 2D/3D drawing program, with preference to AutoCAD or any other design software.
- Sustainable working knowledge of model/layout space and dimensioning components.
- Familiarity with ANSI/ASME Y14.1 drawing standards and ISO 9001 standards related to drawing configuration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS database and MS Projects.
Key Job Attributes:
- Detail orientation
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Able to work shifts, standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to dust, noise and environmental elements
- Very good communicator with strong skills/knowledge ability
Experience required to perform in this job:
- 5+ years’ experience in Auto CAD and at least two years using the intelligent features within the CAD program.
- Ability to read drawings in all technical fields.
- Ability in understanding P&IDs, Red Line Drawings
- Mining environment experience, added advantage
- Working experience on Construction Sites, Mine Processing Plants, Water and Air Services will be an added advantage.
- Minimum Grade 12 / equivalent
- Minimum of a Degree or Diploma in Drafting or equivalent training and experience
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- A valid Zambian driver’s license for light vehicles