Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the positions of Driller.
Reporting to the Drilling Supervisor, you will be responsible for the drilling of blast holes on a scheduled shift and to maximize the hour drilling operations in a safe efficient manner.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Identifying the risk in their work area and using the correct controls
- Report any unsafe potential conditions
- Reporting any defect to the maintenance and mine dispatch section
- Ensure environment risks of taks are assessed and mitigated.
- Conduct prestart checks on the machine before commencing work
- Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to interpret and implement drilling plans and ensure quality control is maintained throughout the drilling process
- Must be certified to operate Sandvik – D25k, D45k, DR560, Pantera, Epiroc – DML, T50 or similar machines
- Must have sound knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as change agent.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.