At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Reporting to the Person in Charge, the incumbent will be responsible for drilling of blast holes on a pattern in a safe and efficient method.
- Drill or bore holes in rock for blasting.
- Verify depths and alignments of drilled holes.
- Cleans and operates equipment safely and effectively
- Conduct pre and post-shift inspections on Equipment and working environment
- To follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure and regulations.
- To report all defects on the machine and care for the machine
- Performs other related duties that may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Certificate of competence in drill Rig Operation
- Hands own experience working with Pantera, D25K, Atlas Copco drill rigs
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a mining environment