Purpose of Role
To safely execute maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Drive the heavy vehicles on site including taxis or light delivery vehicles in a safe and responsible manner
- Transport employees on site using the allocated vehicles in a safe manner according to operational regulations.
- Assist transporting personnel to any location as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Assist during general house keeping all over the site.
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Be responsible, honest and accountable.
- Do any other reasonable duties as directed by the supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Valid Drivers’ Licence
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in driving heavy vehicles
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces