The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Driver to support the International Health Division in Zambia.
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around the province, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 6 months prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=AbtPROD&career_job_req_id=49761&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH →