We currently have a career opportunity for a DRIVER (x1).
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor – Transport, based at our Kitwe Head Office. You will drive any assigned Company vehicles to transport authorized staff and freight in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
What will you be expected to do to reach success & optimal performance:
- Inspect vehicles for road worthiness before use and drive a range of Company vehicle to transport authorised staff and freight in a timely, safe and in a courteous manner.
- Strictly follow delivery or pick-up instructions as directed by the supervisor or other relevant official and record details thereof.
- Identify and report vehicle defects and accidents to the supervisor and other relevant personnel and take further action as appropriate, for further action.
- Strictly adhere to all road and road traffic legislation and regulations and applicable Company Transport Policy, procedures and cardinal rules.
- Carry out all work tasks and assignments in strict compliance with applicable HSE policies and standards.
- Participate as an effective team member in working collaboratively with leaders, peers and relevant others to achieve business objectives.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- A Grade 12 School Certificate.
- A valid SADC Class CE Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of professional full-time chauffeur or driving experience.
- An overall accident-free driving record for 5 years.
- Thorough knowledge of Zambian road traffic legislation, regulations and cardinal rules and familiarity with driving conditions and restrictions.
- Sound knowledge of road networks in the major cities and towns of Zambia and thoroughly acquainted with the layout of Kitwe and other Copperbelt towns.
- Proven ability to read road maps and road signs effectively and plan routes to unfamiliar destinations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic automotive inspection and maintenance procedures and working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Proven ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Physical stamina to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate or continuous period of up to eight (8) hours.
- Well-disposed to short notice in the assignment of trips, tight delivery schedules and driving in all kinds of weather.
If you have the relevant experience & skills as indicated above, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the file name of your application (e.g., Kwibisa Mwewa_Driver). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The Closing Date is Wednesday, 14 November 2018.
Applicants are requested to provide day time contact telephone numbers. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (“CEC”), is a Zambian incorporated and publicly traded power transmission, generation, distribution and supply company; accounting for around 50% of national power consumption. CEC is a major developer of energy infrastructure in Africa and a leading international power trader in Southern Africa.
The Company owns and operates over 1,000 kilometres of high voltage transmission lines and 42 substations covering all towns in Zambia’s mineral-rich region of the Copperbelt, and owns the Zambian portion of the transmission interconnector with the Democratic Republic of Congo, which enables transportation of power within the Southern African region.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com