PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The BID Initiative’s strategy is based on the premise that better data, plus better decisions, will lead to better health outcomes. Its vision is to empower countries to enhance immunization and overall health service delivery through improved data collection, quality, and use. The BID Initiative will shine a light on the challenges surrounding data collection, quality, and use, and identify practical, country-owned, country-led solutions in immunization that could spread to other health interventions.
PATH is currently recruiting a Driver/Logistics Assistant to be based in Livingstone.
The Initiative will partner with countries and global health stakeholders to develop and deploy a holistic and scalable approach that focuses on information system products, data management policies, and the practices of people that use them in order to enable evidence-based decision making. These components will be packaged into a replicable solution that can be easily and cost-effectively adapted by additional countries interested in using it to improve their immunization management. If successful, a true tipping point will occur—one in which countries can access, analyze, and act upon accurate immunization data—anytime, anywhere, resulting in improved immunization outcomes.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Transport and Administrative
- Providing transport to team members when going for outreach programs and out of town trips safely, abiding to the traffic regulation and the company vehicle use policy.
- Participating in team planning, implementation and feedback sessions to document lessons learnt and brainstorm for enhanced solutions.
- Entering every trip undertaken in the logbook, as well as refueling, checking water, engine oil, and that tires are in good condition.
- Scheduling service and maintenance of project vehicles, including licensing, insurance, parking fees, and cleaning.
- Registering workshop participants and coordinating payment of per diems as needed.
- Providing effective Office management and administration to ensure smooth running of the office and submitting monthly activity reports to the Head Office.
- Facilitating the logistics of activities and workshops in coordination with the Southern Province team and technical leads.
- Serving as custodian for petty cash and following PATH procedures of disbursing and reconciliation of funds.
- Ensuring all office utility bills are collected in a timely manner and submitted to finance for processing of payments so that services are not interrupted.
- Facilitating Inventory management, monitoring, documentation, and distribution of commodities to health facilities in compliance with PATH regulations.
- Establishment, vendor registration and analysis for different services.
- Ensuring the timely sourcing of quotations from vendors and following up the procurement processes until they are completed.
- Ensuring office building and surroundings are kept clean, lawns and gardens are groomed, and garbage is collected.
- Requesting for replenishment of office sundries and other consumables.
- Ensuring that the security officer is ever on duty and the security alarm system at the office is working well and always armed before knocking off.
- Reporting all faults that arise and escalating them so that repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Valid clean Class C driving license.
- Excellent understanding of Zambia Highway Code
- Defensive driving training, basic mechanical training, first aid training/certificate a plus.
- Able to drive a vehicle off road (i.e. 4-wheel driving)
- Self-motivated and friendly personality.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressures.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with minimal supervision.
- Good command of written and spoken English and local languages
- Work experience in the development sector/international non-profit organization
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.