PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide.
Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy, and the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA), a program at PATH, is working with its national partners to plan the forward through the development of an evidence-based framework to guide countries through a comprehensive set of program interventions to eliminations.
As part of PATH MACEPA’s support to the Government of Zambia’s Ministry of Health for malaria control and elimination activities, PATH is seeking to recruit experienced and qualified Driver/Logistics Assistants to be based in provinces Kaoma, Nkeyema and Luampa districts of Western Province. This role will report to the ATSB Project Administrator.
- Serve as a member for PATH’s ATSB project in Zambia under the supervision of the PATH Project Administrator.
- Provide driving for project and partners’ staff on both local and field trips.
- Assist in some administrative functions such as photocopying and other related duties.
- Driving PATH’s vehicle(s) as may be assigned by the Planning and Logistics Officer or his designated personnel.
- Maintaining mechanical and general cleanliness of vehicle. This will include carrying out minor general service and minor repairs.
- Ensures timely performance of major or minor service according to schedule
- Daily vehicle check-up according to standard daily check list
- Regular recording of log book
- Assistant in the disbursement of allowances during field activities.
- Perform any other duties related to the above as assigned by Supervisor
- At least 4 years driving experience, knowledge in defensive driving is a plus.
- Possession of minimum of Grade 12 School Certificate of education.
- Holder of a valid Class C Zambian driving license.
- Sound knowledge of Zambia Road Traffic Rules and Highway Code is a must.
- Ability to communicate in English is essential.
- Membership to the Logistics Institute.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.