Provincial Health Office, Western Province
REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
Provincial Health Office, Western Province in conjunction with U.S Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB, STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the following vacant positions on a One-year renewable contract basis subject to performance:
JOB TITLE: DRIVER/MECHANIC
LOCATION: Western Province
JOB PURPOSE: To Service and conduct maintenance of project vehicles to ensure vehicles are roadworthy in order to meet project goals.
REPORT TO: Administrative Officer
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILTY (MAIN DUTIES)
- Responsible for conducting physical repairs and maintenance of the entire program Fleet.
- Prepare maintenance schedules for the fleet.
- Ensure vehicles’ routine and preventive maintenance is done as scheduled to avoid motor vehicle breakdowns by reporting when repairs or service is due.
- Prepare reports on trends and common problems and contribute to developing solutions & share with security head.
- Facilitate vehicle servicing and repairs as needed.
- Drives safely all Officers on Official duties.
- Prepares timely accidents reports to facilitate decision making.
- Completes timely logbooks to enhance accountability of journeys.
- Undertakes regularly basic vehicle inspection to ascertain its road worthiness.
- Undertakes timely delivery of goods/equipment from one station to another.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 full certificate or equivalent
- Must be between 21and 45 years.
- Driver’s License (Class C)
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in vehicle physical repairs, maintenance
- Four (4) years driving experience is required.
- Two (2) years relevant work experience in Vehicle repairs
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Training in Defensive driving
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages.
- Other skills/Attributes: Computer literacy, administrative skills, good interpersonal relations and ability to use initiative.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00 hrs Friday 22nd September 2023.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
P.O. Box 910022
Email: [email protected]