Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following positions in Lusaka, Chongwe and Chiengi;
DRIVER X 3 (LUSAKA, CHONGWE AND CHIENGI), 2 YEARS CONTRACT
The Driver will be responsible for providing logistical support to the SUN II Project Team and other PA staff to enable effective implementation of Project activities.
- Responsible for collection and delivery of Plan documents and materials as well as any other messenger duties to enable the smooth flow of work
- Transporting of Project staff and materials to the field and other places to ensure the smooth flow of operations and ensuring safety of staff and at the same time reducing the number of breakdowns
- Responsible for vehicle management and maintenance of the vehicle log book as per the set instructions.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid and clean Driver’s license at least class C
- Motor vehicle mechanic certificate or equivalent
- 2 – 3 years in similar capacity
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability
- Working knowledge of English and the common national language
- Seasoned driver, willing and able to work long hours regularly (including some weekends)
- Be able to work in a team
- Vehicle Cleaning and minor service repairs and as well as urgent breakdown repairs
- Time management
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 15 January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.