PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19 Support, Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance as well as Digital Health with funding from various donors.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Driver to assist in the functions of the transport and logistics tasks for the Zambia Country Office. The Driver will work under the direction of the Country Operations Director. The incumbent will be based in Lusaka.
Transport and Logistics
- Operate the assigned PATH vehicle in a safe and responsible manner, with the safety of passengers a paramount concern.
- Ensure that project vehicle is always in good working order by performing necessary checks on tires and engine; advise supervisor of any maintenance required or service/repairs undertaken
- Monitor vehicle mileage logbook in an accurate and consistent manner, getting all trips approved by the supervisor.
- Monitor fuel consumption of the assigned vehicle and report any high consumption to the supervisor.
- Monitor schedule of full-service requirements on project vehicle assigned in timely manner
- Ensure security of assigned vehicle by parking it in a safe, secure location.
- Provide high level of customer service through being punctual, courteous, and discreet in all matters concerning PATH.
- Report any incidents involving PATH vehicles or passengers to supervisor immediately.
- Scheduling maintenance services and ensuring that the program vehicle is clean and in proper working order.
- Ensuring that the vehicle always has valid road tax certificates and insurance cover.
- Ensuring vehicle always has adequate petrol.
- Running office errands such as document delivery, mailing, banking, customs clearance, bill payments, office supplies shopping, etc.
- Assisting with administrative duties in the office as assigned.
- Grade 12 General Certificate Examination
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally, and with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership, and follow-through on all tasks
- Pleasant, professional, and approachable mannerism
- Basic Knowledge of Mechanics
- Professional drivers’ training.
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- First aid training
- Certificate in defensive driving
- NGO Experience
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.