African Women's Entrepreneurship Program Pan-Africa
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: DESIGN, DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PAN-AFRICA AWEP WEBSITE
African Women’s Entrepreneurship Program (AWEP) is an outreach, education, and engagement initiative that targets African women entrepreneurs to promote business growth, increase trade both regionally and to U.S. markets through the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), create better business environments, and empower African women entrepreneurs to become voices of change in their communities.
On the 1 November 2017, Pan-Africa AWEP in collaboration with The Esther Lungu Foundation, The Ministry of Gender and The Zambia National Youth Lobby successfully held a Women’s Conference under the theme “Women Participation in Economic Development”. One of the aims of the conference was to raise funds for the establishment of an e-commerce website for Pan-Africa AWEP.
With this background Pan-Africa AWEP would like to call for applications from suitably qualified African web designers, developers and implementers to design, develop and implement the Pan-African AWEP e-commerce website. The website will be used as a platform by which AWEP member companies to trade their produce with buyers both on the African Continent, the US market and the rest of the world.
Among other features, the site must:
- Allow both buyers and sellers to create user profile in order for them to trade
- Be powered by a shopping cart platform (e.g. Onveos)
- Have content management capabilities
- Have promotion and discount code tools
- Have an easy-to-use checkout
- Have search engine optimized code and layout
- Have reporting tools
- Have an integrated blog or articles section
- Have email marketing integration
- Be enabled for multiple payment options (Credit card, PayPal, PO, Terms, etc.)
- Have the ability to scale up on the platform
Designers are required to submit their technical proposals for the site electronically. Shortlisted designers will be invited to make a presentation of their dummy sites to a panel.
Interested designers must request for detailed features from AWEP by sending a ‘request for details’ email to [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
The submission deadline for all technical proposals is 13/12/2017.
Female designers, developers and implementers are encouraged to apply.