Eastern Provincial Health Office
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position(s) listed.
1. Information, Communication Technology (ICT) Officer – Data Mining
Location: Provincial Health Office, Chipata District
OPEN TO: The general public with the right qualifications and experience spelt out in this announcement.
The main purpose of this position is to provide technical backstopping in patient-centered data mining and analytics as well as provide technical leadership in ensuring interoperability of other systems (LIS, Appointments, LMS, etc.) with the main patient level Electronic Medical Records (MER) system in use – SmartCare, in order to improve patient management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
The jobholder is part of the Provincial Strategic Information (SI) and Health Informatics (HI) team expected to contribute effectively, to increasing the capacity of Eastern Provincial Health Office (EPHO) to properly demonstrate granular-level project results as well as other administrative and support systems for effective management of the project.
- Undertakes effectively and timely, merging of Transport Databases (TDBs) from all support sites in the province, in order to ensure timely availability of complete data sources for extraction of program granular level data.
- Undertakes effectively, the writing of scripts for purposes of extracting granular level data from the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) in use – SMARTCARE, in order to make available relevant program level data to improve programs performance.
- Manages effectively, systems interoperability (SmartCare, LIS, eLMS, UMODZI, etc.) in order to achieve efficiency and better patient care and data management.
- Undertakes effectively, the development and maintenance of systems/databases that enhance the execution, performance, and achievement of the project outcomes.
- Participates in the PEPFAR MER reporting through preparation of files for auto export into the Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact (DATIM).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Full Form 5/ Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
- Masters Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in relevant field is required.
- Ability to write technical papers and analytical reports
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Numerical/ Computation skills, Interpersonal relations and facilitation skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their applications to:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following:
1. A formal application letter or cover letter;
2. A current CV;
3. Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
4. Contact information for at least three traceable references.