Eastern Provincial Health Office
Ministry of Health
Provincial Health Office, Eastern Province
P.O Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 003/2018
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: District Strategic Information Officer (8 positions)
OPENING DATE: September 10, 2018
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
SALARY: A competitive package will be offered to successful candidates on annual contract basis.
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of District Strategic Information Officer (DSIO) to be based in 9 districts (Chadiza, Chipata, Katete, Lundazi, Mambwe, Nyimba, Petauke & Sinda) of Eastern Province.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent is a program specialist and key public health technical advisor for HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support Data Management to the District Health Management Team. S/he serves the M&E Team in-District under the supervision of the District Health Director. S/he is responsible for implementing and executing project M&E program goals in the district so that larger project goals are met.
The Job holder works at a project technical level with the Ministry of Health staff, other PEPFAR implementing partners, non-governmental organizations, contractors and community sub-grantees to coordinate the design and ensure appropriate, high quality implementation and strengthening of monitoring systems and evaluation projects as defined in the Country Operational Plan (COP). The incumbent assists the district to plan, initiate, conduct, evaluate, and coordinate complex HIV/AIDS M&E and to monitor program implementation, document and present results, and translate data into meaningful policy and program improvement. Quantifying progress towards targets set for PEPFAR and the district HIV response requires public health technical knowledge, results-oriented data analysis, advocacy, and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with partners at both implementer and district levels. The Jobholder represents the project on M&E issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors in the district.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelors’ Degree equivalent in Demography, Statistics, public health, epidemiology, evaluation and monitoring with specialization in quantitative aspects is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience working as an M&E specialist in a health/medical research organization, university or public health program implementing agency is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Fluent in English, (speaking, writing and reading) is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communications skills are required to develop and maintain effective, sustainable working relationships with district, provincial, national and international working partners and to prepare written reports. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology, data quality assurance, analysis reporting and best practices in data dissemination and data use is required. Good knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required. High level of competency in managing data information and evaluations on large scale health or HIV/AIDS activities is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send:
- A formal application letter or cover letter;
- A current CV;
- Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
The Principal Investigator: The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.