Website Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited
EASTERN WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY LIMITED
Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited was incorporated as a private company limited by shares, under the Companies Act (Cap 388 of the Laws of Zambia) on 12th May 2008. The Company’s mission is to effectively provide safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation services with maximum efficiency to the existing and potential clients in the urban and peri-urban areas of Eastern Province. EWSC is an equal-opportunity employer.
In order to achieve its mandate Eastern Water and Sanitation Company is advertising for the following position:
Company Secretary (Grade S3- Required No: 1)
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Company Secretary will manage Company legal cases, provide Board secretarial services and Legal advice to the Board of Directors and Senior Management in order to satisfy Company obligation and mandate.
- Provides expert legal advice to the Board and Senior Management on various matters affecting the company in compliance with the Company Act.
- Drafts various Legal Documents on behalf of the Company.
- Interprets and explains the legal implications of various contracts and documents to the company’s Management and the Board.
- Ensures that all matters which are under litigation are attended to and disposed off in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains all court documents and files court documents on behalf of the company.
- Studies and explains any changes in Government legislation and its implications on the company’s Business to the Board and Management.
- Prepares full Board/Board Committee Meetings reports and provision of Secretarial Services.
- Handles conveyance duties for the company secretary in accordance with company’s act.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director or the Board / Board Committees from time to time.
Grade 12 School Certificate.
- LLB Degree from a recognized institution
- LLM Degree will be an added advantage.
- Holder of a valid practicing license
- Fully paid-up member of LAZ and Chartered Institute of Secretaries
- At least 3 years post qualification work experience in similar role or equivalent
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams.
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, CVs and day-time telephone numbers to:-
The Managing Director
Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited
Parerenyatwa Road Eastern South of Zanaco
PO Box 510646
Applications can also be submitted by email to: [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Applications should reach the Managing Director by the close of business on 15th March, 2023