Website Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited
EASTERN WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY LIMITED
Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited was incorporated as a private company limited by shares, under the Companies Act (Cap 388 of the Laws of Zambia) on 12th May 2008. The Company’s mission is to effectively provide safe, adequate and affordable water supply and sanitation services with maximum efficiency to the existing and potential clients in the urban and peri-urban areas of Eastern Province. EWSC is an equal-opportunity employer.
In order to achieve its mandate Eastern Water and Sanitation Company is advertising for the following position:
INFRASTRUCUTURE, PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Grade S3- Required No: 1)
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Infrastructure Planning and Development Manager will develop strategies, policies and procedures regarding the areas of infrastructure strategic planning, investment delivery, asset management and development control in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- Develop long term infrastructure plans that focus on the need for water and sanitation services, and short term implementation plans (including annual work plans).
- Develop systems to ensure that regulatory compliance and requirement of infrastructure development is adhered to.
- Develop and promote asset management techniques for the company as well as formulate and implement procedures and techniques for the sustainable acquisition, installations, design and maintenance of all fixed assets.
- Prepare detailed implementation plans from the Master Plan, including breaking objectives into work packages and identifying resource requirements, potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Coordinates and collaborates with consultants, financiers and contractors to ensure effective infrastructure delivery.
- Develop techniques so as to achieve sustainable pace of infrastructure renewal, rehabilitation and new construction; develop, oversee, monitor and update various renewal, rehabilitation and new construction projects.
- Providing leadership in projects and contracts management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Civil or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Master’s degree in project management will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role with preferably in Water Supply and Sanitation related activities in relation to Project and contracts Management.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letters, CVs and day-time telephone numbers to: –
The Managing Director
Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Limited
Parerenyatwa Road Eastern South of Zanaco
PO Box 510646
Applications can also be submitted by email to: [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Applications should reach the Managing Director by the close of business on 15th March, 2023