Website Ecobank Zambia Limited
Exciting Career Opportunity
Ecobank Zambia is a full-service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its branches and through its digital platforms.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
Credit Administration Officer
DATE November 2020
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION
Job Title Credit Administration Officer
Reports to Head of Credit Administration
Location Lusaka, Zambia
Direct Reports N/A
In liaison with the Head of Credit Administration, support the strategic effort of Group Risk Management to maintain a strong credit risk culture within the Bank through the establishment of an effective credit administration function and active support to the monitoring function.
1. Support the Head of CAD by ensuring that documentation risk for credit facilities is mitigated as much as possible in order to provide adequate protection for the Bank at all times.
2. Support the success of the Credit Administration Team in the affiliate:
a. By assisting in the development and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Credit Administration staff in order to achieve Credit Administration initiatives and projects
3. Support the transformation of the Credit Administration Department by complying with the standardized processes and the automation of critical processes and reports.
4. Preparation of Credit Administration Reports for:
a. Group Reporting
b. Central bank reporting
c. Any other ad-hoc reports.
5. Ensure that all limits are made available to customers within agreed standards set in the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
6. Ensure that reports to the Portfolio Management unit are properly prepared for sign off by the Head CAD and submitted promptly (within the set deadline) on a monthly basis.
7. Provide leadership and capacity training to affiliate CAD interns to develop a strong credit risk monitoring team.
8. Ensure strict observance of the affiliate collateral management system for all bank customers:
a) Develop a process for the recording of collateral held by the bank.
b) Conduct periodic reviews that all collaterals for facilities availed have undergone the periodic policy requirement reviews and updates
9. Control functions : includes monitoring transactions, collateral and documentation to ensure strict compliance with approved limits, terms and conditions(Covenants) ; ensure limits are not released until all conditions are fulfilled or variations approval is obtained and on file ; conducting of valuations, covenant monitoring, etc.
10. Custodial functions: includes safekeeping of credit files, documentation and all collateral; ensuring collateral exists and its value covers the exposure at all times. Strong record keeping and safe custody of documentation is a must.
11. Reporting: high quality report preparation and submission of reports on TODs, PDOs, NPLs, classified credits, credit portfolios (as per the prescribed frequency) and ensuring high data integrity.
To maintain a high standard and quality of credit administration by ensuring:
1. Strict adherence to monitoring of credit losses: must be within 3%
2. Developing and enforcing required Service Level Agreements between business units and CAD
3. Improving internal customer service as regards turnaround time on CAD Services
4. Ensuring regular credit file reviews for the affiliate on a bi-monthly basis
5. Supporting the automation of processes that are to be developed and reporting requirements
6. Supporting the Head of CAD to drive a strong risk culture in the affiliate, escalation of key documentation issues in a bid to raise the credit culture in their Businesses
7. Ensuring active and regular interactions in the Affiliate as regards documentation and collateral review processes to ensure that the credit documentation and monitoring processes are fully embedded in the Affiliate
8. Actively engaging with all stakeholders in the affiliate throughout the disbursement process and also through the review process to ensure that the collateral remains enforceable.
9. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
In addition, the incumbent will conduct bi-monthly review of credit files of the top borrowers in the affiliates, identify issues and escalate them to Head of CAD whilst actively following up for the resolution of the identified issues.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in credit risk management or related experience in a Financial Services Institution.
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related field/equivalent professional qualifications
- Good credit administration skills
- A good knowledge of banks’ products and services and the operations of other departments.
- Good working knowledge of Company Ordinance and legal requirements for perfection of security documentation.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes
Control oriented, Attention to details, Good team player, Strong analytic skills, Responsive, Strong Interpersonal Skills, Trustworthy and Strong communication skills.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, send your application clearly stating the position you are applying for in your cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for receiving applications is 25th November 2020.