Website EduServe Limited
Servicing the Zambian Private Education Sector
EduServe is the trading arm of the Rhodes Park Schools Group and currently operates the School Shops, Cafeteria and Tuck-Shop as separate business units, at both Rhodes Park School campus, in Northmead and Woodford School Lusaka campus, in Kabulonga.
Oversees the Cafeteria’s kitchen by managing other members of the food production team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet clients’ requests. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal needs and availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire clients to uphold Loyalty to the Service Provided.
- Coordinate and direct all food preparation, from prep through service.
- Monitor the quality of all food and beverages.
- Track, record, and maintain inventory stock including foods, beverages, and kitchen supplies.
- Direct and design all plating/presentation techniques for all dishes.
- Create new recipes and design overall menu, including specials.
- Work efficiently to resolve any problems that arise in the kitchen.
- Research and implement new culinary trends.
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw more clients to the Cafeteria.
- Coaches assistant chefs and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best.
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the Cafeteria.
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that Clients have a positive experience.
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods.
- Takes direction and works with the other functional Team Members.
- Attend all meetings as may be directed by Management and implement all that is agreed upon in the meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- 3 Years’ Experience
- Diploma/Degree in Culinary science /Food Production or related field.
- Experience of having worked in a Cafeteria will be an added advantage
- Great Verbal and Written Communication Skills and Inter-Personal Skills
- Works Quickly, Physical Stamina, Creative Flair and Flexible Schedule
- Must know how to use the cooking range, ovens and other modern kitchen equipment.
- Creative with food production & presentation
- Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff Knowledge of food costing & control principles
- Computer Literate