Electrical Engineer Interns
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Planning / Engineering Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The company is offering opportunities for internship development programme to highly committed persons to gain industrial experience under Maintenance Department. We are looking for 2018 – 2020 graduates from both Public and Private Universities.
The interns will work under the supervision the relevant section Planning / Engineering Coordinator. The interns will undergo intensive training to equip them with technical skills to enable them to provide engineering support to the operations such that safety compliance, equipment integrity and equipment availability is maximized. Through mentoring and coaching, they will be required to perform duties which will include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Provide strong technical support on equipment related matters
- Undertake engineering equipment specifications for equipment procurement and equipment repairs
- Undertake equipment management of change for equipment modifications
- Undertake engineering improvement projects, including feasibility, design, procurement, execution, commissioning phases
- Update engineering drawings, equipment registers etc.
- Undertake equipment reliability improvement studies
- Develop and update equipment condition and equipment performance monitoring datasets
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc / Electrical Engineering Degree (or related studies)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Valid Driver’s License
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply please visit jobs.barrick.com.