US Embassy Zambia
OPENING DATE: November 5, 2018
CLOSING DATE: November 16, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-04 (Starting salary ZMW 97,956.35 p.a.);
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-AA (Starting salary $ 25,871 p.a.)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Electrician.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Position is located in the Facilities Maintenance Section of Mission Lusaka and incumbent installs, maintains and repairs electrical systems, machines and equipment in all U.S. Embassy residences. Position is supervised by the Electrical Foreman.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of senior secondary school and a craft certificate in electrical is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three (3) years of journey-level experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, electrical distribution systems, grounding, and control circuitry is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) oral, written and spoken English is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to use all tools of the electrical trade.
5. A valid class B driver’s license is required.
6. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Full journeyman knowledge of established electrical procedures and safety rules is required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://zm.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office on telephone number +260-211-357000 extension 7284, 7153 and 7136 or by emailing [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit zm.usembassy.gov.