Requisition Number: 501938
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Mining, Power Plant, Process, Services, Smelter
- Ensuring that all maintenance and High Voltage Switching is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and uptime.
- Meeting set work targets for daily work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding self-accountable for the results.
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects.
- Ensuring 100% plant availability at all time.
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
- Electrical Trade Test Certificate
- High Voltage Switching Authorization essential
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in large mining operation
Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience with Electrical preventative maintenance with a focus on HV equipment, unplanned repair & installation tasks on plant equipment.
- Valid Zambian driver’s license
- Ability to multi-task & work well in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High regard and commitment to safe work practices
- Good leadership qualities – Bolder, Smarter, Driven
- Participate and contribute in safe practice and environmental awareness
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices
- Identify of potential hazards and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness
- Raise, discussion and resolve safety issues at regular meetings
- Identify safety hazards and rectify or report to Supervisor for follow up of issue.
- Adhere and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Access safety hazard reports and rectify or report to Supervisor for rectification of issue.
- Attend safety meetings/toolbox talks on a daily basis
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/501938/electrician-mining-services-construction →